George Voinovich is a Tuition-Free, Online Drop-Out Prevention High School
GVHS specializes in credit recovery for student ages 16-21 seeking to earn their high school diploma in a non-traditional program. School is accessible virtually across the state of Ohio.
Have a question? Talk to an enrollment specialist.
Please begin the enrollment process by opening an account in our online enrollment system yourschoolonline.schoolmint.net and completing a registration form. Once we receive this completed form, along with additional required documentation, you will be enrolled in our school!
- Create an account
- Complete the online registration form and submit required documents.
GVHS serves full-time students in grades 9-12 who meet the requirements of this Policy and who are residents of the state of Ohio. GVHS does not charge tuition and does not discriminate in its pupil admissions policies or practices on the basis of intellectual or athletic ability, measures of achievement or aptitude, status as a student with a disability, or any other basis that would be illegal if used by a school district.
Proof of Student Identity & Guardianship: Copy of your child’s birth certificate (official or hospital-issued) showing the child’s legal name, place and date of birth, and legal guardian(s). If the birth certificate is not available, your alternate option is a combination of Proof of Guardianship (court documentation) and Proof of Identity (child’s passport or birth affidavit).
Proof of Residency: Documentation that proves the residency of the student and his/her primary parent/legal guardian. When the child lives with the legal guardian and the proof of residency documentation is in the legal guardian’s name any one of these documents is accepted. If you are unable to provide any of the below documents, contact the school office.
• Utility Bill (electric, gas, water, or sewer); Resident name and property address must appear on the bill; Must be dated within 90 days of enrollment. Please note that disconnect notices, final bill statements, and billing envelopes are not accepted.
• Mortgage Statement; Resident name and property address must appear on the statement; Must be dated within 90 days of enrollment.
• Lease or Rental Agreement that specifies start and end date of the agreement; must be dated and include names and signatures of the lessee and the lessor (typically this if the first and last pages of the agreement).
• Original Mortgage/Closing Paperwork such as the Housing & Urban Development (HUD) Statement; Resident name and property address must appear on the statement.
• Pay Stub that includes employer name and address; also, must have guardians name, address and be dated.
• Bank Statement; must show Legal Guardian’s name, current physical address and be dated within 30 days
• Active Military Orders; must show Legal Guardian’s name and current physical address
• An Affidavit of Residency must be completed in the presence of a Notary Public. The Notary Public must sign and seal the affidavit within 30 days of the registration forms being submitted, and the original, hard copy affidavit must be submitted.
Health appraisal and vision screening, as applicable.
Release of records form in order to request records from the previous school district if applicable.
Foreign exchange students who provide documentation of their status as a foreign exchange student may enroll.
Affirmation of discipline from the student’s prior school, if applicable.
Transcript for high school students
Current Individualized Education Plan (IEP) and Multidisciplinary Team Report (MET) if applicable.
Do I have to pay anything to enroll?
Since GVHS is a public school, there is no tuition associated with enrollment.
What grades are offered by the school?
GVHS serves students in grades 9-12.
What subjects will my child take?
High school students take traditional courses.
Will my student have an Ohio state certified teacher?
Yes, all our teachers hold current Ohio teaching credentials.
Does the school supply course materials?
The school offers the opportunity for each family to request a loaned computer at no expense.
How do I get started?
Upon enrollment approval, you are officially enrolled in our school as a full-time student and should not be enrolled in any other program. Within 48 hours, you will speak with an enrollment specialist. Your Enrollment Specialist will partner with you and your student to make sure that you feel completely prepared and confident to start this journey. You will also be assigned a teacher who will support your student’s academic and social success. Our Teachers are experienced in education and assist on items such as scheduling classes, discussing college and career options, and creating plans to overcome learning obstacles.